Thursday, October 27, 2011

{breaking news: the snark mark}

today is going to be fantastic.
first thing: jian ghomeshi tweeted at me. i only have one friend in real life who would find that remotely exciting, but the point is not that.

the morning escalated quickly when i found out about a punctuation mark i previously didn't know existed.
DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS SUCH THING AS A SNARK MARK?
big news, because i'm, like, the queen of the snark. i've been known to be called {by a guy once} the Snark Shark.

for a snark shark, a snark mark is a lark.
without further ado:


found here, along with more punctuation your life has been missing. 

11 comments:

Liz said...

That is AWESOME. Thank you for introducing me to so many cool thingssss

The Magnificent Lou said...

Ooh, and how catchy it is. Now I am going to practice using my snark mark. Thank you, Snark Shark.

nova said...

HE TWEETED YOU? What did he say? I've heard of this 'snark mark' before but I've never seen anybody use it. How do you type it?

Emily said...

I don't know which I love more - the mark or the explanation. both amazing.

Suzy Krause said...

nova: he said, "road trip to calgary? :)"
i'm not even kidding right now.

emily: i just love that this EXISTS! how fantastic!

lou: you are so, so welcome.

liz: you also are so, SO welcome.

Jessica said...

AWESOME!

erin e flynn said...

omg, i'm totally going to use this!

uhm... although my question marks already look like a backward one of these!

Anonymous said...

I <3 Jian

Anonymous said...

I <3 Jian

Deb A said...

um, you probably didn't mean that i was the one friend who would find the jian ghomeshi thing amazing...
but I DO!!! I looooove jian!
what did he say to you?!?!?!?!?

Jillian said...

Now how do you type that on your computer, eh?