Friday, November 25, 2011

{things i saw}

still living out of a suitcase, still not finding much time for uploading my memory to the computer. life feels a little frantic, a little everywhere. big decisions are being made, and in the face of big decisions i am a little weak flea, or something you could squish with an eye blink.  

but i wanted to share some things i saw. 

1: a moment where i was incredibly relieved to have brought my phone with me so i could document the stupidest new trend i've ever been witness to. i'm really sorry if YOUR car has eyelashes and is decorated inside and out with "i'm the princess of the world" stickers and seat covers and steering wheel covers and EYELASHES and license plates AND HAS EYELASHES. i just can't handle it. look at those things. they are not just painted on there.


2: then i went down 13th and saw a woman with a tea kettle for a hand. not even a new-fangled electric tea kettle. i thought to myself: if i ever need a surgery like that, i know just the kettle i want.


3: major major bathroom renovations happening in our neck of the woods. the before and after is going to be drastic. 



happy belated thanksgiving, americans!  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

the car and the kettle...bizarre.

Anonymous said...

Eyelashes on a car...that is just so wrong! *shakes head in disapproval*

Suzy Marie said...

Oh your description of the eyelashes car made me laugh SO much. Myself and my boyfriend lament this stupid trend all the time. I often wonder if the people in those cars think the eyelashes look great (they obviously must), whilst the rest of the world thinks "gosh they're both silly AND pointless" Haaaa. Thank you for this. x

Alivia said...

Ooo I saw the cutest tea kettle today. I should have grabbed it in case of future hand-amputation. Dang.

Caitlin said...

Hahaha eww, eyelashes on a car? WTF? And the tea kettle reminded me of being in Russia. I saw those things everywhere.

Sarah Rooftops said...

I snorted in a very unladylike fashion at the kettle - hilarious!

Jamie said...

Suzy, I hope that everything is okay. =] <3 I'm way up north in Plentywood again, so we're basically neighbors right now. ;)

Those eyelashes are RIDICULOUS. That's a real thing? I haven't seen any of those yet, but I'm going to keep my eyes peeled now so can point and laugh at how stupid it is!

Chess said...

What I would like to know is why they didn't put some round black stickers on the headlights to be pupils.

Shelley said...

those eyelashes leave me lost for words. much like the frangipani stickers all over the rear windscreens of cars in this part of the world. oh, and the stick family stickers. and the reindeer antlers from the back windows (just in case everyone forgot that christmas is nearly here).
I'm not big on car decorations.

Tori said...

ohhh my, those car-lashes HAVE to be a joke...