Friday, February 14, 2014

{apostrophe, please}

 photo hearts8.jpgThings you need to know about Valentine's Day:

1. It's Valentine's Day, not Valentines Day. It's a possessive phrase originating from 'St. Valentine's Day'.

That's all I really care that you know about Valentine's Day. I won't add to the mass social media flood of "what I did/got on Valentine's Day (note that blessed apostrophe)" or "how much I hate hate hate Valentine's Day" or "why you shouldn't hate on people who love Valentine's Day". It really doesn't matter where I stand on all of it.

WHAT MATTERS IS THE APOSTROPHE, YOU GUYS.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So I just edited a post--thanks. Good to know.

Nova said...

valentimes

Megs said...

hahahahahahaha I love everything about this post.

Anonymous said...

YES. THIS. Bloody hell.

Suzy Krause said...

i can't tell if you're trying to start a fight or not.

Suzy Krause said...

heehee, glad to be of service! :)

Suzy Krause said...

haha well thanks!

Suzy Krause said...

i can see you feel strongly on this issue as well..

Unknown said...

I'm late in my response! I like your response to Valentine's Day, or lack thereof :)