Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Villa Elaine

 I found my lost Remy Zero CD—not that you knew it was missing. But it was, and do you know where I found it? Behind some books on my bookshelf. I shrieked. I'd thought it was gone forever, or that Scarlett had captured it and made it into a dinner plate for stuffies and I would find it buried at the bottom of her toy box in two years, covered in glue and animal crackers. Anyway. Rejoice with me, Internet Strangers! I'm listening to it right now, and it's all the sweeter after its long absence, after I thought I'd never hear it again. Villa Elaine

I guess I could've just listened to it on Spotify or something, but it really does feel wrong to listen to anything recorded in the 90s on Spotify. Not when I've already experienced it on my $10 Varage Sale CD player, when I've already read the whole CD liner and have heard all the songs in their intended order with no ad breaks. 

But listen. I'm not going to tell you not to listen to it on Spotify. But if you do, and if you like it, you should buy yourself a physical copy, and a $10 Varage Sale CD player. You could be as happy as I am right now.

2 comments:

Emma said...

Congratulations on reuniting with your CD! I was thinking the other day that I miss CD liners, reading all the lyrics and credits. I don't miss Spotify adverts. I refused to get premium because it really offended me that 90% of the adverts were for premium, but then James signed us up for the family version and I have no regrets.

Suzy Krause said...

I probably will, one day, bite the bullet and get premium.
Siiiiiiigh...