Thursday, June 30, 2011

{SCHMALTZ DAY: lots of birds}

a day for reminiscence of the sappiest kind.

this week's schmaltz:


one time, barclay and i went on a road trip and there were a lot of birds.


i felt as though someone had photoshopped the sky--
and i rolled down the windows and tried to capture the moment as well as i could. 
i need a real camera, obviously, because there was a point where the sky was almost black with birds and this makes it look like the sky was a just bit grainy with birds.
i can't fully emphasize to you how many birds there were.
THERE WERE SO MANY BIRDS.

but the schmaltzy part is that this was the road trip of the weekend he met my parents for the first time and talked to my dad about maybe possibly dating his daughter. which, for the record, i did not know guys did anymore. the asking the dad part, that is. 

chivalry. schmaltzy, i know. 

that was also the weekend we started dating, a wee bit more than three years ago.

may i just say: wow. 
wow about the birds and wow about barclay and wow about time and how fast it goes. 

10 comments:

Jessie Thetford said...

Seeing that many birds must have felt surreal! I'm trying to imagine experiencing that... so cool.

And I love that Barclay asked to date you. Classy, my friend :)

Suzy Krause said...

classy absolutely. :D

Jamie said...

I would love to see that many birds! Amazing!

Barclay sounds like a real sweetheart. <3

Jamie said...

I would love to see that many birds! Amazing!

Barclay sounds like a real sweetheart. <3

amyschmamey said...

AWE! So sweet! And how cool to connect that memory to these fantastic images of birds EVERYWHERE! You do great photography for not having a "real" camera. Which goes to show I WAS RIGHT! the best camera is the one you have with you.

sarahannnoel said...

Oh, what a great memory. And what a sweet guy!

Anonymous said...

that is a TON of birds! can you imagine how heavy they would be to carry them all around in a backpack? i mean... completely ridiculous!

Unknown said...

What an amazing scene to be apart of.... I think your camera's doing pretty well :).

And good on Barclay for asking your dad first... it obviously worked ;). It's a tradition that should be revived more often I reckon... shows the girl (and her family) he's serious and in it for the long haul :).

Chess said...

I wish I knew a classy Barclay. You lucky lady. :)

callie said...

WHOA. That is a lot of birds. I would of loved to see that.

It also makes me so happy that Barclay asked your dad to date you. :) That is so cool!