Saturday, August 06, 2011

{folk festing!}

it's my favourite weekend of the year. the gates, tents, and stages go up and victoria park is filled with four stages of fantastic music. we kicked it off last night on a blanket under the northern lights listening to andrew bird whistle.

andrew bird, you guys, is a genius. if he ever gets out his violin and loop station and wants to sing for you, let him.





more today. the sun is out, the sky is blue, and my toes are all tingly.

{ps: i was over at three for the road yesterday. go say hi to jillian!}

5 comments:

RIPplePuddle said...

Oh Suzy, I am soooo jealous! He's my favorite. Was he amazing or what?

Jamie said...

I'm so jealous! I want to see the Northern Lights! Next time I go up to [almost] Canada with my boyfriend to his hometown, he said we can see them. He says it's easier to see them in the winter. Is this true? And I LOVE Andrew Bird. I want to see him live! Lucky girl. =] Hope you're having so much fun today too!

Suzy Krause said...

carla: it was 20 times the show i was expecting. i saw him again today and was blown away even more. YOU NEED TO SEE HIM LIVE. i'm adamant.

jamie: yes! winter! they are much more dancy and bright. but they were out last night too. you'd love them. and you've love mr bird live. he's just ridiculous. :)

Magical Daydream said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I recently discovered your blog and I think it is great, which is why I would love to pass along the sunshine award to you! Congratulations :) Please visit my site for details and spread the love!
x
Marielle

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thank you marielle! i'll pop over there and check it out! :D