Saturday, August 27, 2011

{the show-going time-travelling living room couch}

tonight, we came across one of barclay's old shows on vhs, from when he played guitar and sang in a band. it is, of course, great.

the whole thing is recorded on a borrowed video camera, and the quality is ok the people in it have no facial features or skin pigment. there's three guys in the band and their name is biased and they're 19 and they're playing a show at a college and there's even a rowdy little mosh pit happening up by the stage. 
 
so they're four songs in and i'm completely fascinated by this version of my husband that jumps around on the stage and sings punk songs and says silly things into the mic and i'm also laughing at some of the ways that he hasn't really changed, and then something kind of cheesy and sweet happens. 

"this one is for my wife," barclay says. the girls awww and the bassist laughs knowingly. barclay plays a chord and kind of chuckles. "i don't have a wife. i don't even have a girlfriend." whistles from the audience. "but this one is still for my wife. you know, someday."

and we're sitting here and i'm his wife and it's like a fantastic little time warp as 19 year-old single barclay sings for his wife seven years in the future as she sits with him on the show-going time-travelling living room couch. 

25 comments:

Unknown said...

awww that's the sweetest thing ever! yay to 19yo barclay and hopefully more guys like him :)

Sarah Rooftops said...

Oh, that's wonderful! Lovely!

Shelley said...

That's an awesome couch - I wish I had one like that!

How cool that Barclay was singing to you before he even knew you - that's true love that is!
:)

Alivia said...

Oh be still my heart. I love this so, so sososo much.

Chrissy said...

holy holy, that is awesome! just... awesome.

xoxo
http://tinylittlehappies.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

this is too freaking cute.

erin e flynn said...

awww how cute! =]

Anonymous said...

Aw so cute, he knew you would be there, in his arms one day =)

Brandi said...

That is the best story ever :)!!!

larisaa said...

awww! this is adorable.

nova said...

It was for you all along!

Chess said...

This makes me happy. You make cheesy lovely. I don't mind reading it when it comes from you. Haha! I hope to be as lucky as you one day. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh.. this is too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh.. this is too sweet..

Sydney said...

this has got to be one of the most adorable things i've ever read that has happened to someone else.

Liz said...

wow. I just smiled by myself and perhaps got a little teary.
I'm so happy for you... and I'm slightly jealous ;)

Emily said...

oh i love this! much more sweet than cheesy and a great story!

Anonymous said...

And this is why you two are the most adorable couple ever!!!
PS. Did he remember that that little dedication was on there or was he as surprised as you were?

Suzy Krause said...

haha aw thanks guys.

EVERYONE: scroll up and look at nova's display picture. 11th from the top.

crystal: he knew it was coming. haha, silly man. :)

kiersten said...

seriously. that's adorable.

Jen Glen said...

I absolutely LOVE that. Barclay is so amazing.

Emily Jane said...

Awww what a magical moment! I love this!!

JTay said...

So Biased played at our wedding. And I saw them in concert at, like, the Oddfellows Hall or something like that.

Also, this is the cutest and sweetest.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

I wish I could time travel back and listen to it!
That is the sweetest thing ever!

Jamie said...

This is one of my favorite posts in the entirety of the blogosphere. ever. seriously. hands down. <3