Saturday, February 11, 2012

{OK, Go}

smart people.
they make the funniest comedians, the best friends, and the most amazing musicians.
case in point: OK Go.

i've seen this video by this ridiculous {in a good way} band circulating the internet lately. 
there's some skepticism as to whether it's a "fake" or not. i mean, watch the whole thing: it looks kind of fishy. maybe an even better word: impossible.
but i've seen other videos by this band, and i had faith in them. they're smart people.

so i did some research and came across this article, which explains how the video was done. let's just say i'm impressed out of my sneakers. OUT OF MY MIND.

"To hit the marks on time and effectively “play” the song, one of the band members wrote a computer program to convert musical bars into miles per hour. The speeds were not high: about 35 mph during the chorus and 17 to 22 mph on other sections of the track. But Kulash wasn’t watching his speedometer as he drove. He had a visual downbeat reference in dropped beanbags marked with flags, plus a metronome in the car."


if you haven't seen any of OK Go's other ridiculous {in a good way} music videos, click on a few of these, my favourites:








19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw this the other night at a friend's.. we talked about it for almost an hour, it's such a great video!!

Holly Knitlightly said...

They have the best music videos! (well, other than Bowie. Because, I mean, c'mon... it's Bowie.)

Unknown said...

Wow. I've seen their treadmill video, but that "Needing/Getting" video is amazing.

seacreatures said...

THAT WAS SO FREAKING COOL! i'm going to believe its real. because that is sooo awesome. and i just really want to believe its real! haha

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Thank you for sharing this most stellar band! My jaw may have dropped.
Joni

Liz said...

Love this band!!

Caitlin said...

I like "Here it Goes Again" personally. That video is bananas. And now it's in my head.

Suzy Krause said...

haha, i love how it has everybody talking. :) they're smart that way too--what other band gets talked about so much?

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha oh you and your bowie! :)

Suzy Krause said...

i know hey?? it's funny how famous the treadmill video got when a lot of people haven't seen the rube goldberg one {which i think is ridiculously amazing}. and now this. craaazy.

Suzy Krause said...

i believe.

Suzy Krause said...

you are most welcome. they are definitely jaw-drop worthy.

Suzy Krause said...

haha now it's in mine too! :)
but i think my personal favourite is still the marching band version of this too shall pass. so good.

Unknown said...

It's a great video--I was a tad skeptical but it seems I was wrong--which makes me happy, I love it when cynicism doesnt win!

Suzy Marie said...

I'm so glad you provided some kind of proof to suggest that this video is real, because me and my boyfriend were wondering about it for ages! It's so brilliant :)

Suzy Krause said...

me too!! it's always my reaction to be skeptical. but like i said--these guys are too smart to fake something like that... :)

Suzy Krause said...

it is isn't it? i wish i could think of stuff like this...
AND execute it.

ktpland said...

such a great video & i love this band so much! saw them live a few years ago & they did a normal set until it came to A Million Ways & they did the whole routine - was hilarious!

Suzy Krause said...

haha! i would love to see that. they're great. :)