Monday, June 04, 2012

{schmaltz}

last night i was hanging out in the living room thinking about something, when my thoughts derailed and crashed right into the pile of yearbooks on the bookshelf beside the piano. i picked up the one from my second year of college and skimmed through the scribbles on the inside covers. and then i was laughing so hard i was crying a little.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

it would seem that all of my friendships centred around mean nicknames and inside jokes involving injuries i sustained in embarrassing ways. {example: GB = garbage butt, because of the time tim stuffed me in a garbage can and then knocked it over. you should have seen my back after that. rusty legs, sloth fingers, apple cheeks, cold fish hands, the list goes on--we're talking physical scarring, you guys.} also, can you tell none of us were very big on given names? {dirt, foster child, heinrique, etc.}

anyway, it got me feeling pretty nostalgic. i long for that time when my friends beat me up and laughed at me.

here's all of us. can you find me?
Photobucket
{first row standing, blue jeans, blonde side ponytail. no rusty legs or garbage butt yet, as this was taken on the first day.}

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you right away! Can you find me?!?! Rach and I are both kinda staring at the ground...I think the sun was hurting our eyes...either that or we were hanging our heads in shame :) LOL...good times!

PS. Not all your fiendships revolved around mean nicknames...although we do have our fair share of inside jokes :)

- Crystal

Jen Glen said...

I found you immediately! And may I say you look very confident for it being the first day. Ah, Bible School...so full of inside jokes and made up names...such good times. Some of the best times of my life, hands down.

BrigittaR said...

Your post reminds me that these old year books are worth keeping, and not to be thrown out in one of my "clean out the clutter!" moods.
thanks

Alison Wonderland said...

Ahh, Millar. Two of the best years of my life were spent there.

Alison Wonderland said...

Ahh, Millar. Two of the best years of my life were spent there.

Suzy Krause said...

haha you're right--i should've said, all of my male friendships revolved around mean nicknames. my girl friends were lovely. :) garsh i miss you.

also: i found you and rach & karz right away, and i was wondering why you look like you're in mourning! haha.

Suzy Krause said...

oh, and jen! you should recognize a few others in the picture too!
john stene is two to the right of me, looking up and away...tim foster is on the ground throwing up the peace sign in the front...karlie is kind of jammed in the middle back...
i'm trying to think of anyone else you would know from hillsdale...

Suzy Krause said...

for real hey? i've almost thrown my high school ones out so many times, but i keep thinking, maybe i shouldn't...

Nova said...

hahahaha "I guess that wasn't a good way to start the year. Anyway have fun going to Warped Tour" Awesome. I should dig around for my yearbooks, I think my mom has them somewhere.

Mama Milly said...

Don't throw out your high school ones - someday your kids will get a huge kick out of them and you truly know how to do 90s (or early 2000s) hair when they have theme night at youth!!!

Mama Milly said...

Don't throw out your high school ones - someday your kids will get a huge kick out of them and you truly know how to do 90s (or early 2000s) hair when they have theme night at youth!!!

Suzy Krause said...

same! :)

Suzy Krause said...

you absolutely should. doooo it. doooo it. doo it.

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha true. yikes. i don't want my kids to do their hair like mine...