Thursday, July 05, 2012

{the backwards storm}

i wanted to pull over and climb the wooden look-out we just about drove right past. there is something about climbing things that look like they might fall out from underneath you. something nice.
Photobucket besides: the sky and the water. they were the exact right colour. Photobucket and because of murphy's law, the sky opened up and lost it on us just as we got to the top so that our shirts were damp and our eyelashes stuck together a little by the time we got back to the truck. then, of course, came the rainbow. and we thought, "well that was a nice little storm." even though it wasn't much of one at all. Photobucket Photobucket but we didn't realize that what sometimes looks like the end of a little storm is sometimes the beginning of a much bigger one. and, i mean, sometimes that's true of metaphorical storms too. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket but another thing that i know about metaphorical and literal storms is that the bigger and badder the storm, the more beautiful the sky afterward. you know what i mean? Photobucket

13 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Uh. Wow.

AND I love the new layout!

Elly said...

Woah lady, those images are super powerful! Nature, aye? Both gorgeous + intense all in one.

Jessica said...

amazing pictures!

Caitlin said...

Beautiful photos, love! And I adore the new layout.

MySpecialAgent said...

Must have been a day for storms. I saw a rainbow right before we had a huge storm that rained out our fireworks display.

Unknown said...

these pictures are stunning! the sky is so pretty.

Lolakola said...

Wow!

Nova said...

I really really miss the prairie sky.

Unknown said...

A little bit of storm chasing I see. I love storms, and your pictures turned out great. The time in the sunshine on your look-out looks great. I want to be there.

Suzy Krause said...

thanks all. :D

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Your stormy sky is so lovely! Gorgeous photos Suzy!

larisaa said...

So pretty! Love that last one.

Emily said...

I love weather events of all kind and I would have definitely been excited and scared and loving every minute of that storm while also wishing I was somewhere in an interior room without windows, but mostly I would have loved it. I think there's a metaphor in there too, somewhere.

Fantastic, awesome photos. Looks like a great storm!