Tuesday, July 10, 2012

{parkour}

i remember a couple of years ago when someone first introduced me to the wonderful endless black hole that is parkour and free running videos on youtube and it absolutely blew my mind. i know it's kind of old news, but i still get really excited watching it. probably because one of my favourite dreams is one where i just run and run and run and i can jump over anything and i'm fast and i'm virtually unstoppable. and that's kind of exactly what parkour is.
{thanks my special agent for reminding me of the last video! i can't believe i didn't include it the first go round!!}

9 comments:

elly said...

Love this - they're so fluid! I saw a show in London about this time last year called 3Run, it was amazing to have them do all these tricks around you. :)

Anonymous said...

One of my friends does parkour and I am sooo jealous of him! I cannot even do a cartwheel. I always ask him to jump and flip off things for me.

Mama Milly said...

I want you to know that I right now have a little person who is running and jumping around my kitchen (hopefully she doesn't start swinging from the bannisters) - if you could have only heard her comments as we were watching these videos...

the best part of my day... said...

Ok...I know I've heard of this....but holy crap! These guys are flying, it hurts my stomach a little. Maybe 'cause all I'm thinking about is the incredible risks they're taking. They must have 9 lives.

MySpecialAgent said...

I am a runner in real life and my best dreams are where I am running. I'm not breathing hard, I can't feel my legs. Running over wet sand is like floating on clouds. Also...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NwaAIPLlQ
Parkour!

Suzy Krause said...

elly and shelby: i am SO JEALOUS of anyone who's seen this in real life. LUCKY.

mama milly: ah! haha, sorry if she wrecks anything...i'll watch for her jumping across the pews on sunday. :)

my special agent: YES!! updated. :)

kalie brynn. said...

haha! as i was reading this, i was thinking, "oh my gosh i have to ask her if she has seen the office episode," and then BAM there it was at the bottom! i'm so glad you put it on here. and i agree, parkour never gets less amazing. it is always amazing.

suzy said...

HARDCORE PARKOUR! Haaaaaaa. I nearly died laughing when I first saw that Office episode. Brilliant.

Caitlin said...

Haha I was totally going to reference The Office skit, thanks for including it! :)