Monday, November 19, 2012

{metric & stars}

PhotobucketI was standing next to a really loud, really drunk girl. She was clutching her purse tight to her neck and screaming at the top of her lungs, "I LOVE YOU, EMILY HAINES! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" over and over. When she noticed me, she grabbed my arm and leaned heavily into my shoulder, a concerned look on her sweaty red face. "I'm sorry for screaming in your ear," she screamed into my ear. "I just love her. I love her so much. Isn't she just the best? I LOVE EMILY HAINES."

I nodded happily, forgetting my usual exigency for personal space. The enthusiasm of the small crowd was completely contagious; everyone in the room seemed to know every word to every song. We'd catch each other's eyes and grin when the next song started and it was another favourite. Music is fantastically unifying in that way; we were all best friends for three hours. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket I wrote a little review of the show over at The Rooster, an online community magazine for Western Canada. If you want, you can read it here.

3 comments:

Magical Daydream said...

When I started reading, my first thought was that this girl was going to beat you up. I mean, not that would be logically the first thing anyone would do. But hey, I blame it on your generally high amount of absurd stories ;) I am happy she didn't though.

Suzy Krause said...

haha, that's really funny. whenever i go to shows with my friend bethany (on the far left in the fifth pic) we joke about me getting beat up by a drunk girl. drunk girls navigate to me at every concert. it's funny.

Unknown said...

You are an impressive writer. I am impressed with how well you expressed your views in this article.
This is very intelligent and thought-provoking content.
Visit Here My Site For More Info