Friday, January 18, 2013

{today}

 photo IMG_3587_zpsa67bccde.jpg Today was a day for brainstorming, thinking of a thousand possibilities and dreaming elephant ocean universe big and doing the opposite of narrowing down.

It was a day for a giant, sugary, whipping cream-capped mocha with equally sweet friends in a cozy coffee shop. It was a day for aimless wandering and having the time to stop and listen to an elderly violinist with cold fingers and a warm smile.

It was a day for long, meandering conversations and short, squirmy baby snuggles and gulps of crisp but not-too-cold winter air. For traffic lights and comfort food and slippers and piano music and smiles for and from strangers and thank-you prayers.

And as lame as it sounds, it was a day for staying home on a Friday night to sort my iTunes library and make sure everything has it's correct song title, artist, and album art. Because if that wasn't done first, I wouldn't have any fun going out tonight anyway.

12 comments:

Caitlin said...

You write so beautifully my friend :) Teach me your ways. Sounds like a lovely day.

MySpecialAgent said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets OCD about their iTunes library. Last night I sorted all my photos and felt this huge weight come off my shoulders.

Suzy Krause said...

aw garsh! thank you caitlin. :) i love reading your writing too.

Suzy Krause said...

haha, isn't it the BEST FEELING EVER?

Dana said...

mm you make a mocha sound extra enticing. I love hot drinks in cold weather.

hannah debbie said...

what a great photo.

Suzy Krause said...

meeee too. especially mochas. mmm..

Suzy Krause said...

he was so cute! and there was another elderly man playing his violin at the opposite side of the square. they should've duelled.

Mama Milly said...

I am so late to the party I am sure, but I just figured out (thanks to google) how to combine songs into the album they came from if it is like soandso featuring suchandsuch - and then those songs go out of the album...that drives me crazy!! But I finally looked it up last week and fixed my itunes library and did get a feeling of peace and satisfaction!

Suzy Krause said...

isn't it so nice when everything is right where it should be? even if it's just digitally... it feels fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Ah! I just saw that you did this post! And I did one basically the same. And now I'm worried you think I've copied you when really all that happened is - we both have awesomely similar minds.

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha, don't even worry about that! if you ever DID copy me, i would be flattered, not mad. :) in this case, i know you weren't "copying" and i liked your post and i think it's cool how like-minded we are!