Friday, July 19, 2013

{nature + technology}

 photo F338FBF4-ED23-4BE6-A7AD-AF0CD847019A-5045-0000028D28C3E0B1_zps2fe7bd0a.jpg I took my laptop out to the lake this morning, cracked the windows of the car and tuned into CBC. The Byrds' cover of Mr. Tambourine Man was playing. I put my feet up on the dash. I read. I ate an orange. I picked at my nail polish. I sent an email to a friend that I haven't heard from in a while.

I think it's funny how people seem to think nature and technology are so discordant with each other, because I really, really love the little junction where they meet. Taking a walk in the mountains with my headphones on, blogging in front of the lake, snapping a picture of a landscape so I can take it home with me in my purse.

You know?

8 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Such a lovely perspective. I love having those little pieces of something peaceful to keep and remember; or feeling most relaxed being in a place I love, doing what I love; and what's a walk without a soundtrack?!

Niken said...

to think of it that way, yes. it's nice when i can write in my laptop while enjoying the view of paddy field.

Megs said...

I totally agree! Just the other day I was enjoying sitting out on my balcony watching and listening to a monsoon roll through town whilst surfing around on my iPad. It was a nice combination.

Meg said...

oh I love this post!!

Suzy Krause said...

right? what IS a walk without a soundtrack?
answer: exercise. boo.

Suzy Krause said...

man alive. i wish i had a view of a paddy field. you and your lovely life.

Suzy Krause said...

oh man, if i had a balcony i'd be out there every single thunderstorm...

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks meg. :)