Wednesday, July 31, 2013

{packing & a moving tip}

 photo FE85706C-DE94-46AC-8573-DCB878D7FF67-1893-000000E33FDB807F_zps0647f7f9.jpg Everything is mostly in boxes now. There's a movies box and a few books boxes and a shoes box and a fragile kitchen stuff box and even a box with my jewelry/knick-knack boxes in it. A boxes box. The walls are bare and the cupboards are empty and everything I own is piled around me in a big cardboard maze.
 photo 4A7BF08A-19EE-4329-9095-292056C4F681-1893-000000DF41AD9166_zpsaa6de811.jpg And I'm here, on the couch, dwarfed by these behemoth possession piles, stuffing my face full of blueberries and chocolate milk in a whole-hearted attempt to empty the refrigerator before moving day. I am fully equal to the task.  photo D4747533-52FF-4227-A17F-884A75C3C2FC-1893-000000DF3A9FA30A_zpsd788b386.jpg Everyone I talk to lately is giving me pats on the back and sighing their faces off and saying things like, "Oh, moving. Moving is the worst. You have to have a garage sale; you find all this junk that you didn't know you had, and then you have to go through it all and throw it away. You're like, 'Why did I keep this?' It's the biggest hassle."

But, like I said yesterday, we've had no room to accumulate that kind of stuff, so the packing process was pretty short and sweet. Box, label. Box, label. Box, label. Done. And tomorrow, we move.

If you have any last-minute tips for moving day, let me know!

PS: My ultimate moving tip: I used expressaddress.com to change my addresses on bills and accounts  and to schedule disconnects and reconnects for all my services (power, internet, library card, driver's license, etc). It took about 15 minutes and it's all good to go without having to phone/visit every single place separately. MAGIC.

14 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Wait. Did I miss somewhere that you are moving?? Good luck! You can do it! :)

Niken said...

one thing about packing that i think useful but painful is to declutter. looking at the amount of things that need to be packed makes me feel like 'oh, i don't need this' *put it in a garbage. other than that, i really don't know how to pack 5 years of my life in some boxes

Unknown said...

Blueberries and chocolate milk actually sounds like a winning combination to me!! Hope the rest of your move goes smoothly!

Love Lou
{new reader ^.^}

Suzy Krause said...

haha, i mentioned it on Tuesday's post. :) and thanks!

Suzy Krause said...

It's hard hey? At least we got to skip the declutter part since we never really accumulated much clutter! :)

Suzy Krause said...

Hey Lou! Stars in Jars right? :) Your blog is so pretty. Thanks for visiting me here and for the well-wishes!

Mrs. Wilson said...

Happy Moving!

Mrs. Wilson said...

Happy Moving!

Samuel@londonremovals said...

I recently moved and I decided to use print out bright colored labels to identify each of the boxes, which would make easy for me to know where the boxes go,plus this had saved me from having to write on all the boxes!

Mama Milly said...

I got notified of this post while we were on holidays and finally remembered to come on and see about your move - I hope it went well!
I thought there was lots of work with moving, but it is kind of cleansing as well, so that part is all good! My moving day tip to people who are asking friends to move them especially, (which it too late for now) is to make sure there is a good plan for food and that the paper plates/cups are not packed in a box at the bottom of the pile!
Enjoy your new home!

Suzy Krause said...

thanks! :)

Suzy Krause said...

that would've been smart--i just used sticky notes, because i'm pretty lazy... :)

Suzy Krause said...

good advice! the paper cups, plates, and cutlery were all easily accessible--more by fluke than by good planning. we were really thankful!

Amina said...

I love that mac!