Tuesday, September 24, 2013

{time tidal waves}

 photo 425A3255-57FF-48FB-A77A-D713F9F2A0EC-5262-000001CE919E172D_zps8bfc7098.jpg My head is going to spin off!

I'm not even sure if the whole 'time' thing is legitimate anymore. The concept of chronological order is a sham. I feel like all of the moments are melding together and crashing down like waves on rocks in oceans. And I'm sitting on those rocks (like a moron) getting absolutely drenched, and winded, and I only have time to dry off and catch a breath before the next one hits. I won't move though, because I don't want to miss this.

I'm about 23 weeks along now, and the moments in this last time tidal wave have been so sweet. We went to our second ultrasound a few weeks ago and found out that we're having a boy. I bought him a cardigan and some swimming trunks, even though he'll get here in the dead of Saskatchewan winter. He's started kicking Barclay's hand when he puts it on my belly, and we've given him a first name and a middle name and a hat. Sometimes I'll be cooking or drawing a picture or reading a book and he'll kick or squirm and I'll cry over it, because I still can't believe this is real. I've had dreams like this for ages.

Barclay wants to decorate the nursery with Rush posters.

24 comments:

Caitlin said...

A boy! I'm so excited for you guys. I can't wait to see him. So much happiness. <3

sarahannnoel said...

Probably I will sob at everything you post about your pregnancy, and I doubt the world has ever seen or will ever see another woman who could describe being pregnant so truthfully and so appreciatively and so beautifully.

Jen Glen said...

This made my heart hurt in joy for you, my friend! So glad you're enjoying the drenching!

Nova said...

Oh yay, I love hearing about your life. And a mini cardigan!!!

Unknown said...

Love this :) Glad you're doing well and feeling happy.

Erika Hayden said...

A Boy!! Yayayayaaa!!!

the best part of my day... said...

What a wonderful feeling, Suzy. Enjoy these moments when everything seems perfect, yet hectic, in the world...

Anonymous said...

Gosh I am genuinely so thrilled for you guys :) And you are going to be the COOLEST parents ever. For sure.

Suzy Krause said...

thanks caitlin!!! :)

Suzy Krause said...

oh garsh. thanks so much sarah.

Suzy Krause said...

:) thanks jen!! i am.

Suzy Krause said...

it has a sailboat on it!!

Suzy Krause said...

thanks courtney!

Suzy Krause said...

yay, indeed!

Suzy Krause said...

thank you! i am. :)

Suzy Krause said...

aw! thanks suzy. :) we'll try be cool. haha.

Erin said...

my heart swells ten times the size with happiness. what a stellar journey (I imagine)

Ohh Erin said...

Aww you're pregnant? I must have missed this! Huge congratulations on your little boy, you're going to be adorable parents!

Suzy Krause said...

:) thank you erin.

Suzy Krause said...

haha, it's true! and weird. but good. and thank you!

Megs said...

This is just so sweet!

Suzy Krause said...

:)

Hannah Joy said...

The collapse of Google Reader has left me behind the times, but better late than never. Congratulations! I don't know you, but It seems like you would make a wonderful parent. Perhaps you'll raise an art-making, music-blogging, celebrity-stalking, great-story-telling mini human. Or maybe they'll be your polar opposite and you will spend countless hours figuring them out. Either way, sounds like an adventure :)

Suzy Krause said...

me too! dang google reader...
but thank you!!! i'm so curious to see what personality comes out in the little guy. crazy to think about...