Tuesday, April 19, 2022

The First Person in the World To Get Covid and Play Wordle

I finally got that virus everyone's been raving about. It got to a point in my community where I knew it was inevitable, but it's still weird to finally have it after two years of hearing about it, seeing it in the news, watching the people around me get it. It's like a new iPhone or a Netflix series everyone's talking about on Twitter. I'm always a couple of years behind, but when I finally get around to jumping on the bandwagon I tend to sort of act as though I'm pioneering the thing.
Which I am definitely doing now, if only in my own head. 
We've been holed up at home for almost two weeks (as of tomorrow) in an attempt to keep it to ourselves, and it's been fine. Isolation just doesn't feel like the big deal it once did. The weather helps, a bit. Nothing like a little cluster of April blizzards to make staying inside feel like less of a punishment for being sick and more like a punishment for living in Saskatchewan. Hooray? I guess?
Ohhhhh well. Maybe this will end someday (am I talking about blizzards or body aches? Nobody knows...). Until then we have the Worldle and the Wordle and the Quordle and the Octordle and the Sedecordle and the Heardle and the Movli and the Bookli to keep us occupied and if this sentence made no sense to you, text me and I'll hook you up. Although, chances are it made perfect sense to you because, as per usual, I was one of the last to jump on the Wordle bandwagon and am now acting as though I pioneered the thing.
Hey. At least I'm aware of it.

No comments: