Wednesday, June 08, 2011

{it happened}

my two least favourite musicians/bands IN THE WORLD are simple plan and natasha bedingfield.

it has been this way for years, and it's pretty non-negotiable. there are contenders {shania twain, nickelback and all their sound-alikes, that girl who sings the song about how she doesn't know how we're going to build a castle now but she'll stay until the sun goes down, katy perry, miley cyrus, lil wayne and a lot a lot a lot of others}, but simple plan and natasha bedingfield are the worst.

as 7th heaven is to tv, and the last song is to movies, natasha bedingfield and simple plan are to music. if you don't believe me, go to youtube and seach for natasha's song about babies and simple plan's "welcome to my life." or just trust me.

yesterday, i was driving home from a thing, and flipping through the radio "just to see", as if someday there might be something worth listening to on any station other than cbc, and LO AND BEHOLD.

i paused on a station playing a hilariously bad song about someone who says 'good morning' when it's midnight and whose heart heart heart is so jet lagged heart heart heart is so jet lagged heart heart heart is so jet lagged.

i could not contain my cheshire grin when the radio dj said, "...awesome. the latest from simple plan, featuring natasha bedingfield, that was jet lag..."

wot?

flabbergasted. i never thought i would see the day when the bottom fell out of rock bottom and mainstream music would plummet into whatever is under that.

19 comments:

Andy said...

Get John Mayer to do a guitar solo and the seals of Hell will become broken and open the Apocalypse on Earth.

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

Haha! Oh, Suzy! You constantly make my day!

Suzy Krause said...

and of course i forgot to mention fergie. did you see her cover of sweet child of mine?
yikes.

Suzy Krause said...

amylou: oh good. :D i'm happy about that.

Jen Wilson said...

haaaaaaaaahahahaha!!!! wow. that's pretty hilarious.

Suzy Krause said...

i know. it's.....it's SOMEthing.

amyschmamey said...

Oh the irony. ha ha ha.

Sarah Rooftops said...

Fantastic. In an awful kind of way. I dislike Jason Derulo more just because I disapprove of anyone needy enough that they start every song by warbling their own name. It makes me make bad jokes about singing, "Saaaa-aaa-arah Rooftops!" every time I walk into a room and nobody ever laughs at them as much I expected them to and then I feel crushed and Jason-Derulo-level needy after that. And he's to blame. *shakes fist*

Suzy Krause said...

amy: inDEED.

sarah: OH MY GOODNESS i forgot about HIM. he's way, WAY up there. for real. good call.

Chess said...

Bahahaha! I'm no music connoisseur but I hate Simple Plan. I made a ringtone out of Natasha's "I Wanna Have Your Babies" song for my roommate so she could use it for the alarm reminder to take her birth control pill. :D

Ashlee said...

COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE. Srsly.

Anonymous said...

Umm...so is it wrong that Jet-lagged is my favorite song right now? Can we still be friends?

BAWHAHAHA...Just Kidding!!! (I haven't even heard the song yet, but I will definately youtube it)

Liz said...

HAHAHA I hate them!!! Oh my gosh.

Kara said...

Ew. That sounds horrible! ;) xx

Jamie said...

haha, that's actually pretty hilarious. And I agree, those artists ARE pretty bad. And don't even get me started on Nickleback..ew.

JRose said...

Oh man, for the first few minutes of reading this I thought you wrote that they were you two alltime FAVORITE musicians. I lost almost all of my respect for you for a minute (especially when you started listening your close to favorite musicians). Hhaha...I'm glad I took the time to read closer.

Suzy Krause said...

hahahah jrose DEFINITELY not my favourites. glad you reread and saved my dignity. :)

kelly ann said...

Simple Plan and Natasha Bedingfield... together?! That sounds horrible. I can barely stand them separately, I bet their collaboration sounds like nails on a chalkboard. I hope I never ever hear that song. Please God... please.

Suzy Krause said...

yeah. nails on a chalkboard, times 10, plus black plague rats.