Tuesday, June 07, 2011

{tweeting at imogen heap}

yesterday, i discovered grooveshark. not "discovered" as in i didn't know it existed until yesterday when i stumbled upon it. "discovered" as in i knew it existed and didn't care until yesterday when i gave it a shot and was completely side-swept by the fantasticity of it.

wot? red squiggled? 

come on, blogger--how is fantasticity not a word? it's my favourite one!

but the point is not that.
the point is that the discovery of grooveshark led to a thorough listen-through of the one imogen heap album i don't own {imegaphone} but which i did have at one point in time. the listen-through completely took me back to then and this morning, june 7, 2011, i was running through a forest in june 2007 listening to getting scared on my little lime green mp3 player and, indeed, getting very scared now. 

and maybe that was the most convoluted way to describe it, but the point is that i love an artist whose voice alone is a time travel machine. i'll be 96 years old and still running through the forest listening to imogen heap.

anyways. all that led to me making an imogen heap playlist on grooveshark and then that led to me jumping over to twitter and inviting imogen heap to my birthday party. i guess i've developed a strange little obsession with tweeting celebrities.

but celebrities are people too. and they're on twitter where i can tweet at them. i can't help it. 

here: 


10 comments:

RIPplePuddle said...

Imogen Heap has the most amazing voice. Almost like it carries electro magnetic waves...
I think my favorite song is "The Moment I Said It."
Also, I find your love of celebrity twitter absolutely adorable and I almost want to mimic you like your own personal monkey:)
You inspire me friend.
P.S. I haven't forgotten the goodie. I promise it will happen in the next two weeks.

Elly said...

How great is Grooveshark! And I think you positively absolutely should tweet celebrities. If they are on twitter, then it's fair game. :)

Suzy Krause said...

carla: why not? haha do it up! {ps: i check my mail every day. i'm completely pumped. :D}

elly: exactly!

JTay said...

I agree, celebrities are people too, and that's important to remember for a lot of reasons.

One time I tweeted Kerry Joseph, and he tweeted me back. He thought I was a guy, but whatever. He was nice. :)

And I also agree about the music thing. Isn't that crazy how a song or album can just make you so vividly
back to see, feel, smell, and a experience time past? Crazy.

Jillian said...

girrrrrl. I finally caught up with you and you are somewhere new AGAIN! yikes. haha. Don't worry, I am now officially following again. :)

Anonymous said...

Everytime I hear music that I listened to in the past I can automagically time travel there. It's amazing how music can do that to you.

Suzy Krause said...

justine: you're on twitter??!! did i know that? are you still? i didn't know this about you.

jillian! sweet pete, i'm glad you're here! :)

danielle: trippy, hey? music is best.

Kayla said...

You know, I've always thought Imogen Heap was music I would like, but I've never actually listened to it until now. And now I feel like I can't get enough. Thaaaank yooooou.

Suzy Krause said...

wellllllcommmmmmee...

JTay said...

Um, I'm on Twitter when I have newborns who keep me up at night and I sit there feeding them and checking Twitter on my ipod. I post sporadically with completely random thoughts, and haven't been on there for a long time. So yeah. I'm kind of on twitter. I'll let you know some time what my name is - when I go find out for myself! Ha ha. :)