Monday, June 27, 2011

{rain on car windows at 110 km/h}

i can't really show you my mind stuff today. it's all sorts of places and it's a tad muddy.


i don't mind mud. 


so, i'm going to wander down the street and see what's there.


i have to say: sometimes i wish it was both socially acceptable and not extremely dangerous to take a nap right smack dab in the middle of a busy street. i'd be up for that. 


when i was younger, i used to park my car on side roads in the middle of the night and lay on the hood and pretend like i was the only person alive. 

and it was pretty easy, because out where i lived, the only lights were the stars and the only sounds were the crickets and coyotes. 

sometimes i wish there were coyotes and crickets and stars where those skyscrapers are.


8 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the feeling of being alone, looking up at the stars in the silence, imagining you're the only person in the world. <3

I say this like every time, but I seriously love your blog. Your posts are always so awesome.

Anonymous said...

the grass always seems greener on the other side. but it's not until you are on the 'other side' that you are homesick and wanting *your* grass back...

Suzy Krause said...

jamie: pretty sure i say THIS like every time but you're seriously so sweet. thanks. :)

danielle: TRUE THAT.

amyschmamey said...

I love these pictures! This was another lovely post.

Suzy Krause said...

aw thanks amyschmamey! :) sometimes my little cell phone surprises me...

sarahannnoel said...

I agree with AmySchmamey! Such cool photos.

And I loooove. Being alone. I crave it. I need it to really function. True introverts we are.

Suzy Krause said...

absolutely. i always thought i was an extrovert, but either i've changed in the past few years or i just didn't know myself very well!

Courtney Bates-Hardy said...

I love these pictures! They remind me of Group of Seven paintings and Emily Carr paintings.