Monday, August 15, 2011

{metaphoring}

so this is monday. 
and yesterday was sunday, obviously.
obviously.

it's like this. you're 7, and you're playing on the merry-go-round with your three friends and that one awkward boy who's just always there. you're hanging on to the bar and you're fine and you like spinning. but then the teacher appears and needs to talk to you. it's something simple, like that your mom called and you're supposed to go to your aunt's house after school instead of going home, but adults don't like to talk to kids while they're spinning so she makes you get off the disc and stand in front of her and look her in the face while she relays the message. 

that first initial jump off the merry-go-round is fine but then you stumble all over the place and feel sick and dizzy for a bit and the whole time the teacher's talking you're looking at her lips but not hearing her and just thinking "i'm going to puke i'm going to puke i'm going to puke i'm going to puke..." 

soon, she's done talking and your friends are still on the merry-go-round and they're all like, "hey, jump back on!" 

but you're still really disoriented and jumping back on is really not as easy as it seems like it should be.

so that's metaphorical, obviously.
obviously.
i jumped off the merry-go-round last week. i'm fine, everything is fine, but i'm having trouble getting back on. and i feel like maybe it shouldn't be this hard? like maybe i'm just as klutzy emotionally as i am physically? 

i've decided maybe i'll just sit this week out, spend some time eating stuff and sleeping, and then next week i'll travel back in time to today and do a better job of the week. i know, time travel is tricky, but i found this guy in california who might be willing to take me.

21 comments:

RIPplePuddle said...

WHERE DID YOU FIND THIS?! Hahaahaha. "Must bring your own weapons"?!
Oh, I might have to steal this.
I hope next week is better. I think napping and eating is
the solution to 99% of the world's problems.

Suzy Krause said...

heehee, i thought it was pretty funny myself. :) i don't remember where the heck it came from, but...here it is anyways! call this man!

Jen Glen said...

Take this week off?? Babe, you're doing anything but take this week off. But hey, if you're like me, you're going to totally take the afternoons and eves off. I'm walking around in a daze, mystified and confused. That's okay. We'll walk around like that together. And I'm really looking forward to those pictures in the twinkling forest. Can't wait!

Brandi said...

Sometimes it is important to stay off the merry-go-around for an extended period of time. All too often I get in funks and the best thing I can do for myself is disconnect and work through whatever it is that is eating at me.

On a separate note I wish I lived closer to the time traveling dude, he looks like he would be fun to travel with

Suzy Krause said...

haha jen, the taking the week off thing was definitely a joke. i don't even have afternoons off. i'm kickin right into high gear! maybe my evenings will be mostly free though, to walk around in a daze. :) and yes, our twinkly forest pictures are going to be fantastic. we have to nab lindsay kautz is what we have to do...
;)

brandi: he does doesn't he??? or really, really frightening. either way, i'd love to meet him. :)

sarahannnoel said...

Cutest new header picture ever. And I really like the lines in between the sidebar gadgets too. Am I a blog stalker or what?

It's okay. You can't be expected to jump right back on. I hope you have a good break!!

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha you're allowed to stalk me. ;)

Kortnie said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago, and I love it:) thank you for the cute little posts! You will be able to get back on the merry go round...just be patient and let your head stop spinning!

Kortnie

kortniechristiansen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i want to travel in time tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL MEET YOU THERE...

Anonymous said...

what a perfect way to describe how I'm feeling.

Suzy Krause said...

thanks kortnie! :) i'll go check out your blog this afternoon when i get home! thanks for coming by!

danielle: why don't we go together? i'm not sure about the expenses, but i think it's always cheaper to travel with a friend?

debbie: aw, you're dizzy too? i'm sorry. :(

Meg said...

This post is so beautifully written!! And ending it with the mad mullet man from California is GENIUS! :)

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks meg. :) i quite enjoyed the mullet man myself, glad you found him equally..um...enticing? is that probably not the right word?

Amy @ AGirlCalledBeloved said...

that is the best advertisement ever!
plus his hair totally seals the deal!

Suzy Krause said...

i know right? it almost makes him more legit. like, "i swear i can time travel! i was JUST in the 80s! see?"

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

hahaa that ad is sooo funny!

Suzy Krause said...

:D haha his face makes me laugh every time.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog and I'm loving it! I would absolutely respond to that ad, but what weapons would I bring? Over that I'm at a loss...

And sometimes it's good to jump off the merry go round. You can look at it from a new angle, get a new perspective. Who knows maybe you'll even move onto the swings.

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks hailey!! :)

as for weapons, i think you should just bring your razor sharp wit and a crossbow. that should do it; no need to go all crazy.

and you're right. a bit off the merry-go-round could do me good. :)

thanks for reading and commenting!

JTay said...

I hope you've had time to slow down now! I heard you did an absolutely wonderful job as the princess (I knew you would! I actually thought as I wrote the script. "Suzy would make a perfect princess.") and I wish they would have just kept your twinkly forest in that hallway forever! It was so lovely!

Suzy Krause said...

aw, i'm glad you heard good things. i felt like i was in a fog and can't actually remember how i did. :) but it was fun being the little girl magnet for a week. usually, the kids run away from me...