Friday, November 30, 2012

{life}

Photobucket The alarm went off sometime before 6 AM. I pushed snooze, but got up anyway. I worked on some stuff and drank some coffee and then I checked the forecast and put on three sweaters and my parka and my pink mittens and my black boots {the ones with the buckles} and my yellow toque and my biggest, thickest black scarf. If there is one thing I have learned in my 25 years of living in Saskatchewan during winter, it is for pete's sake, bundle up. 

It was only a fifteen minute walk to Brad and Theresa's house, where I arrived with red cheeks and cold knees and spent the morning brain-deep in plans and laughs and the best mocha I've had in a long time. We wrote lists and made decisions and thought of good ideas and it was so fantastically productive. And then we just sat around by the fireplace and talked about life.

I was walking home later, all wrapped up again in my many knitted layers and listening to ruminative music in my earbuds, and I just couldn't stop smiling. Partially because I was thinking about a funny story, which you should absolutely remind me to tell you the next time I see you in person, and partially because life is just so straight up lovely sometimes.

10 comments:

hannah debbie said...

this post is making me feel better about the world right now.

MarĂ­a said...

I had the exact same thought, when I was driving through the country side, everything was covered with white little flowers and the sun was shining.
We make life a little too complicated, and it is the most lovely and beautiful experience.

Brandi said...

what a great reflection. thanks for reminding me that life is straight up lovely sometimes.

Suzy Krause said...

oh good. the world is not very lovely sometimes, i know, but today it's quite alright. :)

Suzy Krause said...

I love country drives...
now i need to get out of the city... haha

Suzy Krause said...

:) thanks brandi!

Sarah Rooftops said...

This makes me feel all cosy.

Suzy Krause said...

:)

seacreatures said...

love this. and also i really want to hear that funny story!

Suzy Krause said...

maybe i'll tell it sometime. it's wonderful. :)
...hey, come for coffee and i'll tell you!!!!