Monday, January 07, 2013

{December of 2012}

Photobucket December of 2012 was like a velociraptor in a Santa Claus suit. I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, even. I just mean that it kind of snuck up on me and bit my head off.

There was some travelling, some visiting, multiple baby showers, a few Christmas parties. A friend got engaged, a friend died, a friend announced a pregnancy, a friend had a baby, a friend took me out for coffee. Frantic gift making and buying and wrapping. Family Christmases and sweet people I hadn't seen in far too long. So much laughing, so much plan-making, so much talking, so much crying, so little sleep.

And just like that, this chilly Monday morning came and brought with it the sweet relief of routine. The 5:30 am alarm clock ringing in my ears, three quarters to pay for parking downtown, grocery shopping and a doctor's appointment, my laptop and quiet music and a tiny beam of sunlight in my coffee.

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

I didn't think a raptor in a santa suit could ever, ever be a bad thing. I'm sorry it's been such a bananas December, I hope things start to calm down a bit :)

Anonymous said...

I went back to work today and it was nice to get back into a routine. But I did kind of miss just laying around watching things.

the best part of my day... said...

Life's biz sometimes, isn't it? Glad it was such a magical time for you...

Sarah Rooftops said...

I'm feeling no relief about returning to my routine, but my December, though busy, in no way compared to yours. I'm sorry there were sad times; I'm happy there were glad ones, too.

Suzy Krause said...

They already are! thanks. :)

Suzy Krause said...

haha, laying around and watching things...i wish that was my job...

Suzy Krause said...

haha, i don't know if i'd call it magical. :) but yeah...life!

Suzy Krause said...

well maybe you need more vacation from your routine? canada maybe?