Wednesday, January 30, 2013

{video scrapbook: the UK}

I've been working on a little video scrapbooking project lately, taking all of the video clips from my computer, making them into wee iMovies, saving them on flash drives, and then deleting the clips. Because when am I ever going to go back and watch each 30 second video individually? Never ever. But I can't just get rid of them--I'm an extremely forgetful person; I need every bit of external memory available to me. This just seems like the thing to do.

Anyway, I just finished one from our trip to Scotland. And then I got all schmaltzy and have been obsessing about going back all week. Quick! Everyone send me airplane tickets!
{The song in the video is Grylukvaedi by Valgeir SigurĂ°sson.}

9 comments:

Caitlin said...

What a cool idea! Love this!

Sarah Rooftops said...

COME BACK!

Nova said...

Lovely. I like the song too.

Jessie Thetford said...

Breathtaking. Such a beautiful way to capture your trip! I wish I knew how to do this and all the editing! Seriously. So cool, Suzy!!! Make more? And post? Eh? :)

P.S. - my favorite part was around 3:14 through 3:32.
Just. WOW.

Suzy Krause said...

thanks! it was so much fun to go back through all these videos... :)

Suzy Krause said...

I WANT TO SO BAD YOU HAVE NO IDEA!

Suzy Krause said...

SUCH a cool song hey? love it. pretty sure you can get it free on noisetrade.com...

Suzy Krause said...

aw thanks! it's just a bunch of tinkering around on imovie--you could totally do it. and heck yes i'm making more. :)
PS: that's my favourite part too!! makes me wish i'd taken more video when we were hanging out with family. but. when we were hanging out with family, i wasn't thinking about my camera. sigh. haha.

ktpland said...

Love it! Especially the bit on the underground where the person jumps on the train as the doors are closing! Such a contrast from the calm of Scotland! I'll get you a ticket as long as you promise to spend longer in London & say hi?! x