Friday, July 05, 2013

{wake owl}

Today the sky is an ashy white, like it's sick or scared. I hope it rains and rains and rains. I want solid thunder and jagged lightning. I'll take a walk in it.

But first I have a few things to do around the house, so I'm puttering and listening to Wake Owl.

I first heard their song Wild Country a few months back on the CBC. (Back before the car speakers stopped working entirely.) The windows were down and the sun was kind of setting so everything was golden and Barclay was there and we were holding hands and I had my seat back a little and was almost dozing and then this song came on. It's one of those things where I'm not sure if the moment made me love the song or if the song made me love the moment, but I went home later on and listened to the song again 60 times in a row and still love it.

I saw them a couple weeks ago at the venue down the street, and it was pretty beautiful. If they come to your neck of the woods, absolutely go check them out.
 photo CB20AC1D-DE65-41CB-AAF3-174D7DB0101B-4231-000002626DFEB2E0_zps0d765efe.jpg
{Click through if you're reading this in a reader or on a cell phone or in an email to hear the song}
wake owl by suzy krause on Grooveshark

4 comments:

Jessie Thetford said...

LOVE.
(thank you for sharing)
:)

Suzy Krause said...

very welcome.
i wish they had more songs online... sigh.

Erin said...

Such great tunes! Thanks for sharing. I looked up Wake Owl's tour schedule and they are playing in my town, Chicago Aug 2 with a great band called Local Natives.. yayayayaya!! Side note: If you have not heard of Local Natives, you should check them out.

Suzy Krause said...

sweet!! you should go. the drummer, andy, is from my town and a good friend to a lot of my good friends. it's almost like we're meeting in real life! haha.
and i will check out local natives right NOW.