Monday, July 15, 2013

{word famine}

Someone asked me the other day, with big concerned eyes and an unsure squeak in their voice, "So. Is everything ok? You haven't been updating your blog that much lately."

It's true. I'm in the middle of a bit of a word famine. But, just so you know, it doesn't mean that something's wrong. I go through seasons where I want to write every little detail of every life event down and upload every single picture and work through every little thought in this public space because I like the feedback and it feels like writing a letter to a whole bunch of friends, who then reply in comments and emails and text messages.

And then I go through seasons where my memory card stays in my camera, pictures unsorted and mostly forgotten about, and even though things are happening I can't think of anything to say. I go out and do stuff and occasionally think, "I could blog about this." But I don't, because it feels more like a chore than for fun and I have enough chores to do.

And it doesn't feel like a big deal, because I know about how seasons are. And I feel like this one is starting to thaw and maybe there are little green buds on the proverbial word trees in my head.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Seasons are good. Sometimes blogging isn't necessary but just living life is. So live and we'll be here to read when you want to post.

Caitlin said...

I like "word famine," such a great way to describe it. :)

Suzy Krause said...

That's exactly how I feel about it. Blogging isn't ever necessary, but it's fun. And when it stops being fun, I stop blogging. :) (But I always start back up again.)

Suzy Krause said...

Thanks! It's definitely what it feels like!

Megs said...

I agree with Caitlin!

Suzy Marie said...

So I was just on another blog saying that this seems to be a theme across most of the blogs I read. But I love the way you described it, like a season. It makes me feel so much less guilty about not blogging much recently. You have such a way with words missy! <3

Suzy Krause said...

it really does seem to be the trend lately hey? i think it's because it's a hot summer after a stupidly cold winter. we'll all be back at 'er before too long.
and thanks for your kind words. :)