Wednesday, March 19, 2014

{spring, finally}


What's that saying? The days are long but the years are short?
It feels like spring was just here. This year was a whirlwind and, like all good whirlwinds, we have come full circle and are right back where we started. It's just that now we're somewhere else entirely.

I walked over to Karlie's house this morning for birthday waffles (her daughter turned two today). There are still piles of snow everywhere, but they're shrinking and dripping and don't look so dang permanent anymore. The roads have turned to glass, and I can see another city on the other side.

This is the best time of year, not because we're where we want to be, but because we're actually on our way there now. The first glimpse of spring is so crazy beautiful to me.

So this afternoon I'm going to open all the windows and let it into every room. And I'll lay on the floor in the living room with the music up and sing along at the top of my lungs, and the neighbours will hear me and I won't even be embarrassed. They need to lighten up. Spring is coming.
spring finally by suzy krause on Grooveshark

2 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

That is one amazing shot.

Suzy Krause said...

aw, thanks!