Tuesday, February 26, 2013

{weekend snapshots}

Photobucket Sometimes I actually wonder if time flexes and shrinks; if, even though a minute is always always sixty seconds, sometimes those seconds are quicker or slower than others. If one day can be twice as long as another day with the same amount of hours in it.

I know, I know: clocks. Clocks with their steady, constant ticking and their hastening hands and their exactly-evenly-spaced numbers. Still. I've looked my kitchen clock in the face and I don't quite trust it.

There is, maybe, a conspiracy here? Someone with a universal fast-forward button, skipping over all the good minutes so that you have to swallow them whole before you've even tasted them? Because I'm scrolling back through my Instagram feed and thinking that this weekend shouldn't even be over yet, let alone the entire month of February.

Rats.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WHAT?!?! February is over?!?! That's just not ok. I have no idea where it went! Boo.

Megs said...

I am deeply in denial about the end of February. Wasn't it JUST 2012?

Suzy Krause said...

i know. i usually crave spring, but all i'm thinking about these days is how spider-less winter is. and how spider-full spring, summer, and fall are. sigh. i think i love winter all of a sudden.

Suzy Krause said...

UM WASN'T IT JUST 2003???

Unknown said...

That is exactly how I feel. I have exactly four months left in Madrid and it feels like I'm still in the Chicago airport, crying in the bathroom to my mom about how nervous I am. Time is a funny character.

Suzy Krause said...

So crazy hey? I wish I could remember that when it feels like time is dragging, or when I just want something to be over with.