Tuesday, April 16, 2013

{becky}

I have all kinds of friends. I have practical ones and motherly ones and hilarious ones and beautiful ones and crazy ones and crafty ones and ones who call me on it when I'm being a brat and ones who pretend that I'm perfect all the time because they hate confrontation and ones who write me sweet letters and ones who like to try new things and ones who go out for coffee with me every week so that we can get all nostalgic and talk about how we were when we were 16 and ones who are still friends even though we don't keep in very good touch and adventurous ones and comforting ones and other ones, too.

Becky is one of the ones. I like our kind of friendship because she lives down the street from me and I can walk over to her house and say something like, "Let's go," and she'll come, and we won't worry about if it, whatever it is, will be fun or boring or weird or scary or lame; we'll find something good about it and it will become one of those memories that you like thinking about a lot later. 

We explore our city together. We have coffee at the airport and watch the planes come in. We go to music festivals and shows together and we meet strange people and walk down side streets and downtown and into art galleries and pretty much wherever we feel like, and have long and good conversations. 

Last night we were feeling cold and storm-stayed, so we built a blanket fort out of some chairs and a clothes drying rack, and we made caramel popcorn and took a record player and a Byrds record and an Andy Shauf record into our shelter and we sat and talked for two hours.

It warmed me right up. What would I do without a blanket fort friend?
 photo IMG_5064_zpsa8ee013d.jpg  photo IMG_5063_zps127443d4.jpg  photo IMG_5058_zpsa2102f3f.jpg  photo IMG_5061_zps3f499f66.jpg  photo IMG_5070_zpsd1158db1.jpg  photo IMG_5052_zpsd57a62a3.jpg  photo IMG_5050_zps962a5bf4.jpg

13 comments:

elle said...

I love everything about this. Can't really think of a better friend date activity.

Niken said...

that looks so fun!
i have those kind of friends too. and yes, the memory will stick with you

Caitlin said...

I wish I had someone to build a blanket fort with!

Suzy Krause said...

dooooooo it! :)

Suzy Krause said...

also: i can't find a way to comment on your blog!!! but i wanted to say hi. so. hi!

Mrs. Wilson said...

Sounds quite fantastic. :)

Megs said...

That is so lovely! I need a blanket fort in my life.

Suzy Krause said...

absolutely. :)

Suzy Krause said...

ME.

Suzy Krause said...

really and truly.

Suzy Krause said...

YEAH ya do.

Anonymous said...

So adorable! Shall I come over to Canada and we can do that?

Suzy Krause said...

yes please!!!