Thursday, April 18, 2013

{JUNO Playlist & Ramblings}

I'm on my way to cover an afternoon Tenors show, but got distracted over my morning coffee by the long and fantastic list of JUNO nominees--so many sweet bands! So much buzz! Probably, partly, too much caffeine!

I'm getting increasingly excited for the weekend, even if I still feel a tiny bit terrified. There have been confirmation emails flying in right and left and last minute assignment and schedule changes and I'm running over to the Brandt Centre at some point this afternoon between piano lessons to pick up my media badge.

And! Jian Ghomeshi is in town! However, I promised everyone around me that my creepy aiport days are completely over. They are. I learned an important lesson last time, about how Jian Ghomeshi is just human and stuff and NO MORE STALKING FAMOUS PEOPLE AT AIRPORTS.

But then: Surprise! Got an email from my supervisor this week, and it turns out that one of my assignments this weekend is to go to the airport and tweet about famous people arriving. This is called irony, and I love it. I am so prepared for this job. Plus, I'll be wearing ID that says it's okay for me to be doing this. Which is something I need to remember for next time.

I'm working for three separate companies this weekend and have vastly different roles and levels of access with each, so I think that's going to be interesting. When I first heard the JUNOS were coming to town, I was like, "Neat. Get me some of that hype!" So I applied for a bunch of random jobs and media opportunities and volunteer positions, thinking that if I even got one, that'd be cool. And then I got all of them, and had to turn some down in the end. Three is enough.

Anyway. I'm going to go drink a gallon of water to ward off a looming cold and then head off to this Tenor thing (people keep gaping at me when I admit that I've never heard of them. Have you heard of them? Apparently even the queen has heard of them. I'm major out of the loop).

  JUNOS 2013 by suzy krause on Grooveshark

10 comments:

Caitlin said...

Getting paid to tweet about famous people? AWESOME JOB ALERT

the best part of my day... said...

Wow-You're gonna be a busy girl!!! Enjoy every glorious, star-studded moment ;-)

Nova said...

Nope, never heard of them. But they must be fancy!

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha agreed. tweeting is so fun, AND famous people are so fun. so.
fun all around.

Suzy Krause said...

haha thanks! it's going to be a crazy weekend!

Suzy Krause said...

very fancy. very... formal. but talented!

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a fun time, Suzy! It was fun keeping up with photos and certain hip-happenin's on Instagram.

Hannah Joy said...

I just listened to this entire playlist...and got very jealous that you are and or have seen these bands live!

Suzy Krause said...

hahaha i really don't know yet if i'd call it a "fun" time, but thanks! it was challenging, a LOT of work, with fun mixed in here and there. :)

Suzy Krause said...

aren't there some wonderful canadian musicians?? faaaaantastic. :) you'll have to come festivaling with me sometime.... :)